- 192 steps to reach the terrace – there you can enjoy the gorgeous view of Vienna!
- Tickets are available at the shop only (cannot be purchased online)
- Last entrance 30 minutes before closing time
- Entry into the zoo not included
- Visiting the Café Sharky on 4th floor possible
- Additionally to the staircase ticket you will receive a
20% discount on your consumption in Café Sharky on the 4th floor, also accessible via the outside staircase
Entry fees: children above the age of 4 and adults € 5,00/person
(plus € 10,00 deposit per ticket which you receive back when returning the ticket card).
Our roof terrace on the 9th floor offers a gorgeous view of Vienna
Since 02.04.2007 the roof terrace has been open for visitors but until 2011 it was accessible solely with the Zoo ticket as the inner staircase and the elevator was the only approach. Finally, the outer staircase was extended and the staircase ticket was born. If you prefer to visit only the terrace, you can purchase the ticket for a small fee and access it via the outside stairs. You don't have to worry about not conquering all 192 steps as there is Café Sharky on the 4th floor where you can take a break as long as you wish.
The incredibly wonderful view of the Vienna Ferris Wheel, the Stephansdom, the Opera, the Museum of Natural and Art History, the Karlskirche, the Donauturm and many other sights is well worth seeing! Besides, you can sit down on one of the numerous benches on the terrace, catch your breath and enjoy.
Telescopes and information devices are placed at the “ears” of the terrace for those who want to see and know more (in exchange for a small fee).