Friends of the HdM
Interested zoo visitors have the possibility to attend events organized by the Association of Friends without being members:
Additionally to the entry fee you can purchase an “event ticket” for € 5.00.
This year, a certain number of cultural events will be offered by the Association of Friends of the Haus des Meeres: Cost for members of the Club “Friends of the Haus des Meeres” is € 5.00, for non-members € 10.00.
Entry fees will be collected by the team of Friends” right at the entrance to the presentation room (10th floor). The revenues will be partially used to pay the artists’ fees.
Please book the specific dates in advance under 0664/12 17427.
Photos of past events as well as information about upcoming events can be found here: human-animal-environment
Membership & Registration
Membership offers many advantages
- Every Monday (until 6 pm) and Thursday (until 9 pm) free entry to the Haus des Meeres (even on holidays)
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Natural history lectures
- Workshops for aquarium and terrarium owners
- Events for children
- Receiving the magazine “Kamerad Tier” with news of the Haus des Meeres
- Newsletter by email
Goals of the Club
- Supporting breeding programs for endangered species in the Haus des Meeres e.g. sea horses
- Supporting the Prof. Dr. Kurt Kolar Pflegestation which is the department for seized and abandoned animals
- Supporting important projects for protection of nature and species e.g. the sea-turtle conservation project of the University of Vienna
Single parents with up to 3 children
Families with up to 3 children
Schoolchild, Students, Apprentices
Disabled and Seniors
The membership is valid for 13 months - until January 31st of the following year.
Verein der Freunde Haus des Meeres
IBAN: AT82 1200 0006 5521 0805
The club is a member of the professional group of science at the Vienna adult education scheme, association for leisure and culture.
Please use the registration form if you want to become a member of the association of The Friends of the Haus des Meeres.
We always try to respond as quickly as possible but cannot guarantee avoiding possible technical errors. In case there appear any, please do not hesitate to give us a call.